Skype Chat Room is yet another revolutionary business idea introduced by the Skype group in 2015, as a part of their Skype for Business Server 2015. The idea behind this feature is to facilitate the connection of multiple peers in one place for multiple sessions in a secure environment.
The advantage of using a chat room as opposed to using a normal group chat, is that a chat room can be used multiple times instead of being used just once or as long as the creator of the group chat is online or does not exit the group chat. This allows the data of the conversations to be saved for long periods of time. These chat rooms can also be modified in different ways, such as:
- Normal: A normal chat room is no different to other chat rooms, in terms of its core function, which is, all users will be able to post and read messages.
- Auditorium: In a case of an auditorium chat room, one user is given a special privilege known as a Presenter. In these chat rooms only the Presenter can post messages, where as the other users will only be able to read the messages, thus creating a basic auditorium like effect to the chat room.
In addition to types of rooms, there are also different types of chat room users, such as:
- End User: A normal member of the room.
- Presenter: Is the only person allowed to post in an auditorium chat room.
- Administrator: Can create, modify or/and delete the contents of the chat room or even the chat room as a whole.
- Manager: Can modify or/and delete the contents of the page, however, a manager cannot delete the chat room.
Hence, the usage of Skype chat rooms makes life so much easier for not just business personnel but even for groups of friends to connect in one place for long periods of time. This is yet another feature that makes Skype stand out from the rest.